Sunday, April 15, 2012

first vacation as an 18 year old!

The first trip I ever took outside Michigan was in Clearwater Beach, Florida.  I remember it like it was yesterday. It was on my spring break from high school.  I was so excited to finally leave the state and embark on an adventure with a few of my close friends.

As soon as we landed I knew it was completely different from Michigan.  The palm trees were amazing! When we finally got to the beach, I was so happy to finally see the ocean. I quickly ran in to get a feel for the water. I knew that from that point, I had to live somewhere where there was a beach.  The view, the feel, the smell, everything about the beach was incredible.  We spent everyday on the beach since our hotel was right by the water.  I never wanted to be inside, Clearwater Beach was too nice to not take advantage of.  Sadly, we were only there for a week and the week flew by and before I knew it, it was time to head back home.  I ended up bringing the sunshine back with me and I was already missing the ocean. I knew in my mind that it wasn't going to be the last time I visited Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment