Saturday, April 28, 2012

Took a bite out of the big apple!

I never thought I would someday end up going to New York City.  I guess you could say it was one of the places I wanted to see but I'm not much of a city girl.  The beach is more my style.  It was nice having the opportunity to go there even though it was only for a day.  It wasn't something I had planned, I ended up going to a Convention in New Jersey so on the way back, my friends and I decided we might as well cross over to New York since it wasn't too far away.  It was so weird seeing all the buildings and how many there were.  We ended up driving around for a bit and decided to take a stroll around Times Square and Manchester. 

We visited ground zero and it was crazy that I was at the exact spot it all happened.  It was definitely something I wouldn't forget.  I didn't get to see the Statue of Liberty, only from a distance which was disappointing.  Regardless, walking around in the busy city and experiencing it for the first time was memorable.  But, I still enjoyed the beach and palm trees more.  I love fashion and I know that New York is the top city for that so that was also enjoyable.  If only I had more time to experience all of New York I would of liked it better.  We only got to sight see since we didn't have much time but it was still fun and I'm glad I got to at least see what it was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment