Thursday, May 3, 2012

city of love! je t'aime

So about two summers ago I embarked on a trip all alone to none other than the city of love Paris, France! I was so excited words couldn't even begin to describe how I felt! I had family there that I haven't even met so that made me even more anxious.  It was a long, long flight but I finally arrived at Charles De Gaulle airport terminal.  It was very different from the airports we have here in the states.  It looked like a mall or something along those lines.  It was a little bit confusing but I ended up finding my way and luggage! Phew! So after that, I went to meet my cousin who was picking me up.  I haven't seen him in 14 years so it was like meeting a stranger or somebody for the first time.  So we got to talking, and I finally arrived at their place and I met my aunt for the first time ever! It was so exciting and it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. 


My cousin wasted no time and took me out sight-seeing immediately.  There I was, looking at all of Paris's famous landmarks.  The Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Arc De Triomphe, the Boat Tour, and the list went on.  I felt like a kid in a candy store! Everything I saw was so incredible and amazing to me.  I couldn't get enough of it.  I took a million pictures, of course. Who wouldn't? I got to climb the Eiffel Tower as well which was incredible!  The view overlooking France was breathtaking.  My cousin was a great tour guide he showed me all of the interesting places Paris had to offer and they were all amazing.  It was definitely an experience I would remember for the rest of my life.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment