Saturday, May 26, 2012

rush of water

Ever since I first visited Niagra Falls when I was 8 years old I developed a fascination with waterfalls.  The beauty of water falling down and the tremendous view that came along with it was a combination I really enjoyed.  Canada would be the next destination I visited.  There were a few cities I got to go to while I was there which were Toronto, Niagra Falls, and Windsor.  The cool thing about Toronto was the fact that they had was the Skydome, similar to the one in Chicago.  Toronto was a cool city sort of modern looking and very spacious.  But yet again I'm not much of a city girl.  

Windsor was quite different however.  It reminded me somewhat of New York with all of the buildings.  It was more of a night life if anything.  Since the legal drinking age in Canada is 19 you would always see a younger crowd.  The bad thing about Canada was that they had such a high tax rate for their goods compared to here in the United States.  I would say that this was probably one of my least favorite places I visited (no offense to Canada) but I did really enjoy Niagra Falls and would love to visit it again someday. 


This guy inspires me! I hope to visit quite a few of these places in the near future :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY

Leave a comment stating whether you prefer the city or beach setting and why I'm open for discussion :)

Upcoming places to visit:
1. Dubai
2. Brazil
3. Italy
4. Madrid
5. Switzerland
6. Greece
7. Australia
8. London
9. Netherlands
10. Singapore

5 comments:

  1. I prefer a beach setting. I guess it is just my personality. I can appreciate the big city, but I am passionate about being on the beach and the tranquility that comes along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so weird, I always wanted to go to Niagara Falls but I became consumed with life and I forgot all about it. Your post reminded me, and I guest this will be the year I will go. I am glad you described the city, so I will know what to expect when I visit. I hope the drive is not far, because I hate a long car ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend going there! It's absolutely beautiful! I'm glad I could help :)

      Delete
  3. I visited Niagra Falls when i was about 10 years old. Maybe i'll go back again with my husband as a short vacation.

    ReplyDelete